<body> <body>

TokyoTravel-DaySix
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
6:14 PM

// TokyoTravel-DayOne // TokyoTravel-DayTwo // TokyoTravel-DayThree // TokyoTravel-DayFour // TokyoTravel-DayFive //

I think taking a picture of yourself every day, is an amazing way to kick start your day. Because the moment you look into a camera, you naturally find yourself smiling at it. At least, that's what it does for me. Putting a smile on my face can make me feel happier. Well, not all the time. But I won't deny that things just go better with smiles.


"A smile is the smallest thing in the world which can change someone's day for the better."

So on that day we took the train to Oshiage Station to take a look at the then incomplete Tokyo Skytree complex. Tokyo Skytree is a broadcasting and observation tower in Sumida, Tokyo. It reached its full height of 2,080 feet in March 2011 and became the tallest tower in the world.

The project was completed on 29 February 2012, with it's officially opening to the public on 22 May 2012. Although we didn't get a chance to go up to the tower's observation deck, we are proud to have seen the Tokyo Skytree before.

{My friends with Tokyo Skytree in the background}

Beside the exterior lattice, which is painted a bluish white traditional Japanese color, we have no idea what did it look like inside the Tokyo Skytree. However, knowing that thousands have flocked to Tokyo Skytree since it's official opening, I decided to google for an inside tour of Tokyo Skytree and here's what I found...



After our morning trip to the Tokyo Skytree, Lisa decided to bring us somewhere for our mid-morning snack. Along the way, we chanced upon an adorably decorated donut shop; LOVE SWEETS ANTIQUE. No, wait...

{LOVE SWEETS ANTIQUE}

{An adorably decorated donut shop}

{Toronama donuts, by Heart Bread Antique}

These are not just your ordinary, typical doughnuts which are fried or baked. They are frozen and made from various glazed toppings, fruits, dessert creams. They are then formed into the iconic doughnut round ring shape.

How can we resist the temptation! Each of us bought one to try and WOW, it melts in the mouth... too good~


Not to forget, we were going for our mid-morning snack. You must be curious what Lisa wanted to recommend to us. We were too. So then, she led us into an alley...


Here we were, in front of the shop in the brick building... I quickly walked up to the shop and was surprised looking at the enormous bao. Well, compared to all the baos I have seen before... char siu bao, xiao long bao, lian rong bao, dou sha bao, da bao... none is as big as this. It is definitely wider than the typical dabao of 10cm wide...


While the steamed, filled bun may not look very appetizing, but trust us, it tastes wonderful. And I won't mind traveling a distance to grab the meat-filled bun, when I travel to Tokyo next time.


After filling our stomachs with delicious food, we were all ready to hit the retail districts and shopping streets to continue shopping. And that reminds me of how silly I was to walk into an automatic sliding glass door that caused everyone who witnessed it to hold back their laughter. Sigh, karma struck too soon... no thanks to me for laughing at the ladies who were shocked to see their own reflection in the mirror.


But honestly, it is dumb to know of the new Japanese fascination with glass and to notice the architecture with panels of glass windows across all floors, yet I walked into the glass panel. Not cool.


We came across this curry house and we thought we'd give it a try. I like how it is open concept but with a separation, if you get what I mean. When it comes to ordering the food, it's using the self-service ticket machine. Simple and easy illustration. But it probably doesn't work if you're a fussy eater.

{Open concept cooking area}

{Simple & easy illustration}

{Ebi katsu curry}

Yet another great meal in Tokyo. Japanese curry is one of my all time favorites. No doubt, katsu curry don is one of my favorite dish. I can dream of eating it now!!!

After so many nights of shop till we drop, we decided to go back to the hotel early... to rest to unpack our shopping and organize everything into our luggages...

{Serena's}

{Jiaqi's}

No surprises! Almost three-quarter of the items I purchased are for my family and friends. Even though I'm on holiday, I will still think of the important people in my life. Oh how much I love them. Teehee~


End of Day Six. Stay tuned for TokyoTravel-DaySeven...

{Some photos credited: Lisa}

Labels:




jqMEow |

be happy.
love life.

+齐meow
09 July 1990

Typical ♋ian;
I'm a suffering soul and sometimes lose control of my emotions. I need you to be understanding and not give up on me.

I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together.

✉ tan.jiaqi@live.com

Nuffnang |


Connections |



DAYSilove |

1-1-20eleventh
Facial Expressions ◭
Let's do it every year!
Awe Night at Marina Barrage
It all begins with a smile...
MEESKA MOOSKA MICKEY MOUSE
KEEP IN MIND!

VIDEOSilove |

01 02 03 04

Yesterdays |