<body> <body>

February10&11
Sunday, February 19, 2012
8:23 PM

Everyday I'm hoping to fast forward to April... please time fly! 彡

March will come in less than two weeks...
Nothing changes... I'm still the same old me.

It has been a while since I posted on this personal journal, but not because I'm busy. I just couldn't stay focused on what I need to do. Well, that explains it.

Back here. I just want to share bits of my weekend...

February 10


The girls and I planned a dinner gathering at Ssikkek BBQ @ Novena Ville. I was surprised by the terribly long queue but guess what we made a reservation. The reasons for the popularity could be because of their good food and great service, as well as reasonable prices.


At $22.00+ per adult, the Korean grill BBQ buffet offers a range of 5 types of beef, 3 types of pork, chicken, sausage and prawn. There are also cooked food which includes fried rice, japchae, kimchi pancake and many different varieties of banchan (Korean side dishes). It is definitely a value for money buffet, making it an ideal place to go if you are on budget.

{An assortment of meats}

{Completely buried prawns in salt}

{The meats produced a copious amount of oil}

There are a wide range of condiments such as sesame oil, salt, garlic, onions, soya sauce for us to use in the grill. Therefore, one could attempt to whip up a variety of dishes. You can also create stews by wrapping the meat together with garlic, onions and gochujang (Korean chilli paste) in leaf vegetable.

{Grilling in process}

The service was efficient. They changed the aluminum foil frequently, which was great. The space is cramped but well ventilated.

{Le me peeling the shell off the prawns}

While the rest were busy grilling the food, I volunteered to peel the shell off the prawns. It takes a lot of skill to cook it right... and I can't do it.

{Happy dinner}

It was a satisfying dinner and I would love to go back again! However, eating too much greasy food isn't good for our health...

{A pile of prawn shells}

{Dinner done in hours}

Here is--
a photo of us;

This place is a MUST TRY. They have 2 branches. The one I went to is at Novena Ville and it's crowded. I suggest you make a reservation.


Ssikkek Korean Grill BBQ Buffet

Address: 275 Thomson Road, #01-01/02, Novena Ville
Tel: +65 6254 8123

Weekday Lunch $12.00+, Dinner $22.00+
Weekend Lunch $22.00+, Dinner $22.00+


The next day...
February 11

{Half & Half Pizzas @ $22 each}

The blogmates and I decided to have a chill-out session at Timbre @ The Substation. Oh please, how much I miss this place... great food and awesome ambience. But since I have been there many times, there is nothing more to talk about...

{Andy. Josh. Jiaqi}

{Jinglong. Yingzi. Joyce}


Or perhaps I should emphasize this gathering served to bond us closer together because we have been too busy having fun to talk about how each of us have been doing. But maybe... we are just out to have fun. After all, that's what we do best as a clique! ☺


Timbre @ The Substation

Address: 45 Armenian Street
Tel: +65 6338 8030 (Call after 5pm)


I guess that's about all. Work and play. That's my life right now. Till here! x

Labels: ,




jqMEow |

be happy.
love life.

+齐meow
09 July 1990

Typical ♋ian;
I'm a suffering soul and sometimes lose control of my emotions. I need you to be understanding and not give up on me.

I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together.

✉ tan.jiaqi@live.com

Nuffnang |


Connections |



DAYSilove |

1-1-20eleventh
Facial Expressions ◭
Let's do it every year!
Awe Night at Marina Barrage
It all begins with a smile...
MEESKA MOOSKA MICKEY MOUSE
KEEP IN MIND!

VIDEOSilove |

01 02 03 04

Yesterdays |