<body> <body>

1-1-20TWELFTH
Sunday, January 1, 2012
8:10 PM

Last New Year's Eve was spent with Kai Xin and two other close friends, watching fireworks outside Marina Square! We had a sleepover and I was forced to wake up to play with a stick of sparkler... thinking of it makes me smile! ☆~

At that moment, while I was witnessing the most awe-inspiring fireworks, Gi Siang as well as Sing Yee were there at the same location but different spots. So, this year we made the effort to gather together for a year-end dinner...


CHEERS TO NEW YEAR 20TWELFTH!
The Last of 2011, The First of 2o12...
was spent with the girlfriends and their boyfriends*

It might seem like we were having a reunion dinner, held on Chinese New Year's Eve, during which family members get together to celebrate. But, it was actually a very rare day for us as we don't usually come together. Everyone has to commit their own personal lives and it's not so easy to get away with.

It is not the 'Perfect Ten' yet but I'm still glad everyone make time for this gathering... a very memorable end to 2011 as well as a meaningful start to 2012. And so, without further ado, let me share with you how we prepare, cook and eat...

[Discussions going on...]

[Pick, Wash, Cut...]

[Ready to Cook...]

[Methods of Cooking...]
{Steaming - healthy cooking}

{Grilling - healthy alternative to cooking with oil}

{Drinks for the day - Green Tea, Ribena, 'Chiwawa'}

{Food for us - Are you hungry now?}

{We cook what we eat & We eat what we cook}

{Cooking is Sharing - Sharing is Caring}


After hours.......

{Meal is over - everyone has finished eating}

That's our last meal of 2011! Eat, be satisfied, and blessed!


Then, we gathered in the room to play 'Taboo' (Singapore Edition), a word guessing party game. The objective of the game is for a player to have their partners guess the word on the card without using the word itself or five additional words listed on the card. It's not as easy as it seems unless you understand your partner's words and ideas.

Before the clock struck 12, we sat in a circle around the presents!!! Christmas is twelve days long... we have our gift exchanges on New Year's Eve as we didn't meet as a whole clique on Christmas Eve nor Christmas, due to our schedules.

{Our Christmas gift exchange - beautifully wrapped with love}

{Gifts - Do you girls love the presents from me?}

When it was 12AM... "Happy New Year! Happy New Year! Happy New Year!" We continued with a few rounds of 'Taboo' before we processed to 'Drunken Tower' drinking game that I bought for Yvonne as the gift. It just hit me that she and her boyfriend will be interested in it as they drink very often with their friends?

{'Drunken Tower' - drinking game}

{Same concept as Jenga - with a wild twist}

As it was the first day of a New Year, I didn't want to admit (HAHAHA!) that I was very unlucky on that night. I drank more than I should... even though I was NEVER the one who caused the tower to fall! But Sing Yee happened to remove the block that states 'Drink one(two) with player to the left' and Sam happened to remove the block that states 'Drink one(two) with player to the right'. Still the worst feeling was when you painstakingly remove the block that states 'Drink one(two)' OHMYTIAN!

After hours of drinking, we decided to have the chocolate fondue with fruits! SINFUL (BUT WHO CARES!) Chocolate is my favorite and I can have it any time anywhere. Even N O W, I'm having the Royce' chocolate received from Gi Siang.

{Preparation - lighting up the candle}

{Dear Fruits - I can't hear youuuuuuuuu!}

{Chocolate fondue - with grapes and strawberries}

We stayed up all night to eat, drink, play and talk, talk, talk.
Times like these are the best! ()

But as always, there is a price to pay. I got home in the morning to realize that my brothers were not at home!? In others word, none of us spent the first (second, minute, hour) of 2012 with our parents! I was feeling very guilty at that moment and couldn't get it out of my head, I had to tear! QQ

Then a sentence hit me, "Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old." That was exactly what I feel... my brothers and I have been neglecting our parents in one way or another.

And that morning before I dozed off, I unknowingly came out with a list of resolutions {kept in my mind}! It is so unlikely of me to do that and I'm thinking of sharing it in my next post...

P.S 2012 is a leap year!

Labels:




jqMEow |

be happy.
love life.

+齐meow
09 July 1990

Typical ♋ian;
I'm a suffering soul and sometimes lose control of my emotions. I need you to be understanding and not give up on me.

I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together.

✉ tan.jiaqi@live.com

Nuffnang |


Connections |



DAYSilove |

1-1-20eleventh
Facial Expressions ◭
Let's do it every year!
Awe Night at Marina Barrage
It all begins with a smile...
MEESKA MOOSKA MICKEY MOUSE
KEEP IN MIND!

VIDEOSilove |

01 02 03 04

Yesterdays |